Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Abby enjoying some home made ice cream! Of course, it is vanilla, her favorite!
Vivian enjoying some of great grammy's pound cake, a girl after my own heart!!!

Everyone enjoying the beautiful weather and the goodies!!


Riding in the Barbie car was a treat, the twins are not quite big enough to understand how to steer, without running into everything so Abby drove, and they ushed the gas! They were all having a great time!!



This is our attempt at a picture with 4 generations... my grandma, Julia, my mom, and me and the girls... you can see that Vivian, who is with my mom, did not want her picture taken! Delaney is trying to play with my ear, but at least we are all in the picture!! Mother's day was certainly interesting... It actually started Saturday night... the storm that came through knocked out power to William's auditorium, and so the dance recital that was scheduled for 7 pm was rescheduled to Sunday afternoon at 3 pm. Then at 5:30 am Sunday, Rodney was paged, because the storm has messed up the servers at his office... which meant he had to get up and drive to Durham at that time. I managed to get all the girls dressed, and out the door for Sunday School on time, just as Rodney was coming home. He met me for church, which we had to keep the nursery for, and then home for lunch. We went to the recital at 3, and then to my mom's for cake and ice cream. I was so tired, that I think I fell asleep at 10pm, which is unheard of in this house!! It was a good day, though being able to spend time with my mom, Rodney's mom, and both my grandmas!
Thankfully, dance is over for a few weeks, she starts back June 18th. I will post a video of some of the dancers clogging at Sylvan Elementary this week. Mrs. Sara, one of Abby's teachers, is a teacher there, and asked them to come dance for the students. Everyone enjoyed it!
The girls are yelling in the living room, so I better wrap this up... I hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day!!