Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Cheesy smiles for daddy
Abby helping Delaney with her shoes... she loves taking them off!

Although it is a little early, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! Since it is supposed to be chilly and rainy, we are staying in on Saturday and having a family day!! I am making Rodney (hopefully) this awesome lobster salad with avocado and buttermilk dressing and grilled salmon with key lime butter, and I have not yet decided what to do for dessert... maybe a classic, like Chocolate covered strawberries? I have not yet decided what the kids are going to eat either, but they are not picky, so I am sure that I can make them a grilled cheese or something and they will be happy!! I never get to really "cook" anymore... I am always trying to find good things to make quickly, so I want to make something really good Saturday!! Hopefully I will get it all done! Either way, it is sure to be a great day hanging out with the kids!



Abby got her report card, and sure enough she made the A honor roll... she was so excited! She was also invited to participate in the Duke Talent Identification Program, which is a great honor... Her teacher at school was very proud of that, as are Rodney and I. It is an online program where she can do writing lessons to write creative stories, as well as a journal for reading books, and blog with other students from around the country. She made the Battle of the Books team at school as well, this is 8 students from the 4th and 5th grade that had to take tests about 10 or so books that they have been reading on their own. They will practice from now through the end of March and then compete with all the other elementary schools in the county. She is excited about this, as she was assigned her 2 favorite books to be the "expert" on, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and the Dollhouse Murders. I have read both books, and they were very well written.


The babies have been behaving well this week, and using their manners by saying "please" and "thank you". Of course, then they say "you're welcome" before you have the chance, but hey... they have manners!! :) They are learning so many new words, and coming out with sentences that are too funny! They are still sleeping well in their big girl beds, which is such a blessing!!


Well, I better run. Abby has a test tomorrow on famous people from NC, so I promised to help her study! Hope everyone has a great week and Happy Valentine's Day. Be sure to give that someone special an extra hug and kiss!!