
Cotillion Dance... enough said


Abby has been going to Cotillion, which if some of you don't know, are classes that teach things such as Ballroom dancing, proper etiquette, and such... She had 6 classes, and today was the final dance, in which the parents were able to attend, and she showed us what she had learned! It was very nice to watch, and she did a great job even though she was less than thrilled. They showed us several dances, including the box step, tango, and swing... I actually have some video of her dancing, but have not had time to get it on the computer yet!

The girls at Spring Fling at Abby's school... they are enjoying their suckers which was one of many prizes that they received for playing games! They ate pizza, popcorn, cotton candy, and ran around like mad for about 2 hours ! They had bouncy things for them to jump on, which they loved, and they had many games... fishing, duck pond, lollipop tree, and so forth. It was a great fundraiser for the PTA at school, and they do lots of good things for the school with the money they raise! We got to hang out with some of Abby's former teachers... K-5, 2nd grade, and 4 th grade... maybe for the last time, seeing as how there are only 8 more weeks of school! Then she will officially be in middle school! I don't know if I am ready for this but I guess I better hurry up and get ready! The twins have only 8 weeks of school as well, and they will their first year of pre school under their belt! They have done very well, and I have loved having them at Harvest! They have aswesome teachers... 3 year old teachers beware... they will be there every day next year! :)

Abby, Kensley, and Mikayla... having a good time and eating, which is what they seem to do the most of these days!!

Abby and her best friend Kensley on the ferry to Southport during Spring Break

one of my favorite pictures of these two!!

The girls and I on the ferry, as you can see Delaney was looking around and thought everything was cool, but Vivian was a little less excited!
Since Spring Break was a couple of weeks ago, we took the girls to the beach for the day, and took them on the ferry to Southport, since none of them had ever been on a ferry boat before. We walked around and shopped, and had a good time! We went to Wilmington, and took them on the river walk and through the Cotton Exchange, and took them to Wrightsville Beach, where the water was frigid to me, but they did not seem to mind! They had fun digging in the sand and finding sea shells, which they promptly put to their ear to listen to the ocean! It was nice to get away for the day, and to hang out with all the girls... although Rodney and I were exhausted by the time we got back!
Abby just got her report card Friday, and again, made the A honor roll... she was also nominated for the National Young Scholar Program, which has a camp in Wake Forest this summer, that we are hoping to send her to participate in, her AIG teacher was the one who nominated her for this, and we are so excited! We love Mrs Russell, and wish we could take her with us to middle school!!... Abby was excited about it, and it seems like a wonderful opportunity, but the cost is very high... 2 thousand dollars high!! I am working on some ways to fundraise, and help defray some of the cost, because I think she would benefit greatly from this opportunity to learn leadership skills as she enters middle school!
Well, I think that is about it for the Hawkins house this week...as always, lots going on, but I don't think I would know what to do with myself if it was any other way! All 3 girls do have their dance recitals coming up the 7 and 8 of May, so I will post pictures and hopefully videos of this event... the twins first recital... doing acrobatics, and Abby will be clogging!
Take care everyone, and have a wonderful week!